Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade B (SCP 1 - 3), £22,183 - £22,737 pro-rata
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Terms: 5 hours per week, term time only
Application Deadline: Thursday 30th November 12:00PM
Selection Process: Interview date Monday 4th December 2023
To be a highly effective school that 'Strives for Excellence' in all it does. A school where academic ambition meets exceptional character education, allowing ‘The Feniscowles Child’ to live life in its fullest.
Supported by values that define our culture and ethos, shaping the Feniscowles Child':
Endeavour Integrity Respect Diversity Compassion Forgiveness
Underpinned by our motto:
'Striving for Excellence'
W E L F A R E A S S I S T A N T
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic welfare assistant to join our dedicated support team at lunchtimes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working with the support team
- Be flexible in their approach to work
- Be actively involved in the supervision of playground games and activities with our children
In return, Feniscowles will offer you:
- A friendly, enthusiastic, supportive and caring staff team
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Hands-on, supportive, involved governors
- An inclusive school with a positive attitude
Feniscowles Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff to share this commitment. References will be taken prior to any offer of employment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position please download the application form and all supporting documentation from our school website:
Paper applications should be addressed to Mrs Turner at the school address above.
E-mail applications should be sent to:
Volunteering in School
If have some spare time and would like an opportunity to make a difference in school or, you are thinking of a change of career and would like some experience to see whether a role in education is what you are looking for, then volunteering at Feniscowles could be for you!
We are currently looking for volunteers to help in school, duties would include:
- Listen to our children read – it is important our children develop fluency and understanding in their reading; you would be helping develop this by encouraging the children to discuss the book they are reading, describe the characters, what has happened and what may happen, to demonstrate their understanding.
- Administration support – supporting teachers; photocopying or helping set the classroom up for lessons.
- Assisting in the classroom during lessons.
- Accompany the staff and children on trips, if you are available.
If you interested, please complete the application form below and return to our School Business Manager - email@example.com
All applicants will have an informal interview and require a DBS check.