Universal Infant Free School Meals
From September 2014 all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England will be eligible for Universal Infant Free School Meals(UIFSMs).
All infant pupils are offered UIFSMs, but the take-up of meals is not mandatory and should you wish your child to bring a packed lunch please confirm in writing.
Junior School Meals
The cost for junior school meals is currently £2.40 per day, £12 per week.
For all children - one weeks written notice is required for your child to commence / stop having school dinners.
Free School Meals - Infants and Juniors
- From the 6th April 2012 children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support (IS);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance;
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (PCGC)
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190.
If you receive Working Tax Credit you will not be entitled to free school meals.
To apply for free school meals please follow the link below contact.
I hope parents will find this information useful but should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Junior School Office