All primary schools receive an additional grant called the Sports Premium. The Government has published advice for schools to guide how this funding could be spent, however exactly what the money is to be spent on is at the discretion of each school. Feniscolwes Primary School will strive to ensure that the funding provided will be used to benefit all children and will be used to its fullest potential.
How should the PE and Sport Premium be used?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Lifeclubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Sports Premium money is spent effectively at Feniscolwes Primary School by enabling increased participation in competitions across a variety of sports and providing high quality physical activity in school every day across P.E. lessons, extra-curricular sports clubs and lunch time activities.
Feniscolwes Primary School strongly recognises the importance of Physical Education for all young people. Our aim therefore is to encourage as many young people as possible to participate in and excel at Physical Education and sport. We are committed to enabling our children to develop all aspects of their Physical Education and to flourish in terms of their sporting ability.
We strive to provide numerous extra-curricular sporting activities (free of charge) to allow all children to discover their interests and passions. We pride ourselves on promoting sport for all of our children and are inclusive of all levels of abilities. Whenever possible, B and sometimes C teams are taken to competitions to allow as many of our children as possible the chance to compete.