Feniscowles Primary School is committed to its legal and moral duty to promote the well-being of children, protecting them from harm and respond to child abuse. We expect ALL staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm, safe from bullying, safe from abuse of any kind, safe from discrimination or harassment and ensuring that we all feel safe in our school environment.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to one of the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs).
Rob Andrew (Headteacher) email@example.com
Joanne Howarth (SENDCO) firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy (2021) which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website or from the link below.
There are 5 main elements to our policy and procedures:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues & working on the prevention of abuse, through training, teaching and pastoral support offered to students.
- Following procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- Supporting students who are at risk or may have been abused.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.